Three Poems



by Roger Still



Fix


In a succession of obsessions

You are the new fix

It is your chemical

Sweet odor

I crave and my contentment

Requires your addition.


 A Personal Nature


The letter is written with

My name on it

That is not your signature

That is not your syntax

I know it when I see it

Because I know you deeply

As anyone is known

Do not offer fabrication

When the original is so clear.
 

Thorn


Without caution, you will be pricked

And, unlike the fairy rhymes, you will

Not fall into a slumber and wake to find

A prince, rather you will just bleed

Like anyone other human.
 
ROGER STILL is a new writer. He describes himself as "southern to the core" and was born and raised in West Virginia. Visit his website here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.

 

Donate

Passionately Ran, Compassionately Fed.

About

Belle Rêve Literary Journal is a southern literary experience. Our mission is to capture everything that makes the South and its residents unique through the best contemporary literature we can find. We publish new works weekly.