Spreading Grass Seed


by Danny P. Barbare

Like my father said
I squeeze the stored gloves
To kill spiders.
They tightly fit my wrists
As leather shrinks.
I use my shiny pocket knife
To cut the plastic bag open.
Carry it to the front
And sling heaping hands
Of seed over the
Yard, to keep the memory
Of my father green.


Bio: Danny P. Barbare lives in Greenville, SC and has recently been published in Yorick and Awhile Journal. He has been writing poetry off and on for 32 years.

His favorite poets are Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, and Mary Oliver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.

 

Donate

Passionately Ran, Compassionately Fed.

About

Belle Rêve Literary Journal is a southern literary experience. Our mission is to capture everything that makes the South and its residents unique through the best contemporary literature we can find. We publish new works weekly.